OPTIMA (Mains) 2020 – Day 10
- December 14, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: Mains
OPTIMA (Mains) 2020
30 Days Revision and Writing Plan
Parliament and State Legislatures—Structure, Functioning, Conduct of Business, Powers & Privileges and Issues Arising out of these.
- Government Policies and Interventions for Development in various sectors and Issues arising out of their Design and Implementation.
- Development Processes and the Development Industry — the Role of NGOs,
- SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders.
- Welfare Schemes for Vulnerable Sections of the population by the Centre and States and the Performance of these Schemes; Mechanisms, Laws,
- Institutions and Bodies constituted for the Protection and Betterment of these Vulnerable Sections.
- Issues Relating to Development and Management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- Issues relating to Poverty and Hunger.
- Important Aspects of Governance, Transparency and Accountability, Egovernance-
- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential;
- Citizens Charters, Transparency & Accountability and institutional and other measures.
- Role of Civil Services in a Democracy
Total Marks 100 marks
Time allotted: 1:30 minutes (90 minutes)
- It is true that India is woefully short of trained doctors, especially in the Countryside. In this context, critically examine the proposal of NMC Bill to grant “limited” licenses to an estimated 350,000 “community health Providers” to practice allopathic medicine. (10 marks) [Reference: Live Mint]
- Discuss the implementation of the RTI Act in the last 15 years. Has it been successful in ushering culture of transparency? (10 marks)
- The Gubernatorial position of the Governor is comfortably placed in the fuzzy area between “withdrawal of the pleasure of the President” and “compelling reasons for removal.” Discuss with some recent examples. (10 marks) [Reference: The Hindu]
- MNREGA has become a vehicle for rural development. (10 marks) [Reference: The Hindu]
- What do you understand by Freedom of Speech? In our constitution this freedom is qualified by reasonable restrictions. Discuss them in the context of IT act and Sec 500 IPC. (10 marks)
- State funding of election is necessary but not sufficient to stamp out the menace of Black money and ensure free and fair election. What other measures you can suggest to ensure free and fair elections. (10 marks) [Reference: The Hindu]
- Discuss the role and functions of autonomous district councils under 6th schedule. Are they really autonomous? (5 marks) [Reference: The Hindu]
- Is sedition law reasonable restriction on our freedom of expression guaranteed under constitution? (10 marks) [Reference: The Hindu, The Hindu]
- What are Pressure Groups and Interest Groups? Explain their techniques with examples of farmer’s pressure groups. (10 marks)
- Explain why India ranks poorly GHI? Discuss solutions. Explain India’s malnourishment problem. (10 marks)
- A new study reveals that despite the fact that technology has become more affordable and internet access increasingly ubiquitous, India has a sharp digital divide. Discuss steps taken by GOI to bridge the digital divide. (10 marks)
- Will digitization alone fill the gaps in Indian healthcare system? Critically examine the National Digital health Mission. What are concerns related to it? (10 marks)
- What is “Mission Karmyogi”? How will it transform the civil service to become effective instruments of good governance? (10 marks)