OPTIMA (Mains) 2020 – Day 12
- December 14, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: Mains
OPTIMA (Mains) 2020
30 Days Revision and Writing Plan
- Indian Economy and issues relating to Planning, Mobilization of Resources, Growth, Development and Employment.
- Inclusive Growth and issues arising from it.
- Government Budgeting.
Total Marks 125 marks
Time allotted: 1:30 minutes (90 minutes)
- What do you understand by economic growth? How it is different from economic development?
- Discuss the reasons for slowdown in Indian Economy? Is the slowdown structural or cyclical?
- What do you understand by employment elasticity? Discuss the causes for falling employment elasticity in the post LPG 1991 period.
- Examine why inequality in India is at its highest level in 92 years? Explain how Rising inequality is a threat to social and economic development. Suggest measures to reduce this.
- MSMEs are key drivers of inclusive growth. Explain. Discuss the challenges faced by MSMEs and suggest measures to tackle them.
- What do you understand about the unorganised sector? Discuss the challenges especially of labour employed in the sector? Will the new labour code provide social security to them?
- What do you understand about Tax to GDP ratio? Critically examine the reasons for low tax to GDP ratio in India in the context of challenges faced in resource mobilization.
- What do you understand by strategic disinvestment? Critically examine India’s strategic disinvestment.
- Critically assess the role played by PSU in the last 70 years with emphasis on the post 1991 period. In this context examine the new PSU policy with strategic sectors. What do you understand by strategic disinvestment in this context? Pro and cons of PSU privatization (Banks as case study)
- What is inclusive growth? Discuss challenges and measures to achieve inclusive growth?
- Why agriculture growth is pre requisite to inclusive growth?
- Critically examine pro’s and con’s the Monetisation of deficit
- Critically examine implementation of FRBM Act focusing on escape clause.