OPTIMA (Mains) 2020 – Day 14
- December 18, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: Mains
OPTIMA (Mains) 2020
30 Days Revision and Writing Plan
- Effects of liberalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth
- Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc.
- Investment models.
Total Marks 125 marks
Time allotted: 1:30 minutes (90 minutes)
- Critically examine the financial health of railways. Discuss the challenges faced by railways in this context
- Critically examine the decision to unify cadres of railways into a single cadre called Indian Railways Management Cadre (IRMS).
- India’s fragile energy security is under severe pressure from its rising dependence on imported oil. In this context, discuss what do you understand by energy security? Critically examine India’s effort in the last decade to become energy secure.
- Critically analyze the proposed amendments to the electricity act. What would be its implications for the customers and energy security of the country?
- Discuss the challenges faced by the Indian ports and shipping industry. Do you think corporatization of ports will solve the problem?
- Corporatization of Ordinance Factory Board (OFB):
- Discuss reforms needed in DRDO to enhance defense indigenization
- What do you understand by offset policy in defense procurement? Why was it introduced? Critically examine DAP 2020 in this context.
- Critically analyze the critical issues in present PPP framework. Discuss the reform needed to boost private investments in infrastructure
- Archaic Labour laws are the main reason for jobless growth. Do you agree with the opinion? Give your argument
- Logistics is one of the biggest constraint of Indian economy. Discuss how the draft National logistics policy will remove this constraint?
- India needs a new industrial policy to meet the multiple challenges of change in technology, job losses and structural issues. Analyze.