OPTIMA (Mains) 2020 – Day 15
- December 18, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: Mains
OPTIMA (Mains) 2020
30 Days Revision and Writing Plan
- Conservation Environmental Pollution Disaster Management
Total Marks 125 marks
Time allotted: 1:30 minutes (90 minutes)
- Enhancing resource efficiency has emerged as a strategy for ensuring that the potential tradeoff between growth and environmental well-being can be minimized. In this context, discuss the draft National Resource Efficiency Policy (NREP), 2019
- What do you understand by Circular Economy? Why it is important for sustainable development?
- Air pollution in India is not simply an environmental problem, but a major public health concern. In this context, discuss the need to mend Air (Prevention of Pollution) Act 1981
- Human- Animal Conflict has emerged as the major challenge in managing wildlife in the country. In this context, discuss what are Human–Animal conflicts? Discuss the reasons for rising human –animal conflict and their implications. How can it be managed?
- Why is single use plastic considered deadly? Do you think just banning would solve the problem?
- Discuss the problem of bio medical waste in India in the context of covid -crisis. Also Biomedical waste rules
- Why is Solid Waste Management such a herculean task for Indian cities?
- What are green crackers? How effective they will be curbing pollution?
- What is Extended Producer Responsibility? How can it help to manage growing E waste problem in India.
- What do you understand by Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) ?Critically examine draft EIA 2020
- Preservation of agro biodiversity is important for food and nutritional security of India. In this context, what do you understand by agro biodiversity? Discuss the challenges to India’s agro biodiversity. Suggest measures to increase India’s agro biodiversity.
- The appearance of COVID-19 has shown that when we destroy biodiversity we destroy the system that supports human life. Discuss the link between biodiversity and corona pandemic.
- What do you understand by commodification of emission cuts? Do you think it can help in mitigating climate change?