OPTIMA (Mains) 2020 – Day 16
- December 20, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: Mains
OPTIMA (Mains) 2020
30 Days Revision and Writing Plan
- Disaster and disaster management.
- Security: Linkages between development and spread of extremism. Role of external state and non-state actors in creating challenges to internal security. Challenges to internal security through communication networks, role of media and social networking sites in internal security challenges, basics of cyber security; money-laundering and its prevention. Security challenges and their management in border areas – linkages of organized crime with terrorism. Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate.
Total Marks 125 marks
Time allotted: 1:30 minutes (90 minutes)
- Analyze the salient features of DM Act. How far it is sufficient to manage epidemics? Critically examine its implementation in the last 15 years.
- Discuss the challenges and issues with the Disaster Management Framework in India
- With reference to National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) guidelines, discuss the measures to be adopted to mitigate the impact of cyclones in coastal region of India.
- Analyze the salient features of Epidemic Disease Act. Critically examine how far it can manage epidemics like corona? Enumerate the amendments proposed.
- Chief Defence Staff will provide seamless coordination in higher defence management. Discuss
- What do you understand by two front war? Is India prepared?
- What do you understand by fake news? How Social Media is used to spread fake news? Discuss its security implications.
- Discuss the challenge of Drug trafficking and Narco-terrorism in India. Analyze the NDPS Act in this context.
- What do you understand by Weaponization of 5G technology? Discuss its threat to India’s security in the context of Huawei controversy.
- What are deep fakes? Why are they termed as the biggest threat from AI? How can they be countered?
- India is building one of the largest centralized FRT surveillance systems in the world called the National Automated Facial Recognition System (AFRS). What are its possible applications? Why civil society is concerned about use of such technology without much debate.
- Discuss the interlinkage between Organised Crime and Terrorism in India.
- What is Money Laundering? Explain the process of money Laundering? Analyze the legal and institution framework both national and international to tackle it.