OPTIMA (Mains) 2020 – Day 9
- December 10, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: Mains
OPTIMA (Mains) 2020
30 Days Revision and Writing Plan
- Indian Constitution—Historical Underpinnings, Evolution, Features, Amendments, Significant Provisions and Basic Structure.
- Functions and Responsibilities of the Union and the States, Issues and Challenges Pertaining to the Federal Structure, Devolution of Powers and Finances up to Local Levels and Challenges Therein.
- Separation of Powers between various organs Dispute Redressal Mechanisms and Institutions.
- Comparison of the Indian Constitutional Scheme with that of Other Countries.
Total Marks 150 marks
Time allotted: 1:30 minutes (90 minutes)
- What is the MPLAD scheme? Critically examine the constitutionality of MPLAD in the light of SC judgement. Do you think it should be abolished? Give your arguments
- Discuss the evolution of relationship between FR and DPSP in India. What is the present status?
- Critically analyse the salient features of CAA, 2019.
- Discuss the evolution of Parliamentary tradition in India during Britishera.
- How far Indian Parliament has been successful in making the executive accountable? Examine with elaborating the significance of Question hour.
- What do you understand by contempt of court? Why do we need contempt of Court laws?
- What do you understand by doctrine of essential religious practices? Discuss in the context of Sabarimala Judgment
- Discuss the significance of Article 21 of the constitution. Also comment upon how SC has expanded its scope.
- What do you understand by basic structure? Discuss its evolution. Do you think Citizenship Amendment Bill is against the basic structure of the constitution?
- Discuss the features of the 6th Schedule. How does it protect the tribal interests?
- Rajya Sabha cannot make or unmake the Government. In this context, critically examine the relevance of Rajya Sabha.
- What is e-Court Project? Can it help to reduce the pendency of cases in India?
- What do you understand by preventive detention? Discuss the safeguards the constitution provides in this regard