- April 19, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject : Current Events
Context : Railways to run ‘Oxygen Express’ trains to meet demand; UP, Delhi, Gujarat register record spike in cases.
- The Railways will run ‘Oxygen Express’ trains over the next few days to transport liquid medical oxygen and oxygen cylinders across the country, the national transporter said on Sunday.
- Amid spiralling coronavirus cases in the country, the demand for medical oxygen in the country has gone through the roof.
- Empty tankers will begin their journey from Kalamboli and Boisar railway stations in and near Mumbai on Monday to load liquid medical oxygen from Vizag, Jamshedpur, Rourkela and Bokaro, officials said.Medical Oxygen
- Medical oxygen is the oxygen which we use to treat patients. We use it to maintain enough oxygen level in our blood.
- Oxygen therapy is the use of oxygen as a medical treatment. We can use it to treat low blood oxygen levels, carbon monoxide toxicity, cluster headaches, etc.
- This oxygen provides a basis for virtually all modern anaesthetic techniques, restores tissue oxygen tension by increasing the oxygen availability, aids resuscitation, aids cardiovascular stability, etc.
- However, there are some side effects as well. Furthermore, high concentrations can cause toxicity