- October 13, 2023
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Section : Groupings
Context: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 9th G20 Parliamentary Speakers’ Summit (P20) on 13 October 2023 at Yashobhoomi, New Delhi
More about the news:
What is P20 Summit:
- P20 is a congregation of Parliamentary Speakers from the Parliaments of G20 nations.
- It is a meeting which pertains to Speakers and presiding officers of the Parliament from the G20 countries and invitee nations.
- The P20 group was set up during the G20 Presidency of Canada in 2010.
- The P20 provides an opportunity to deepen the recognition of G20 member nations’ efforts and methods of international collaboration in related policies by deliberating upon emerging issues faced by the global community.
Some more details about the P20 summit 2023;
- The theme of the 9th P20 Summit is “Parliaments for One Earth, One Family, One Future.”
- There will be four high-level sessions organized during the P20 Summit, to be hosted by Parliament from October 12-14 on
- Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): Showcasing Achievements, Accelerating Progress,
- Sustainable Energy Transition — Gateway to Green Future,
- Mainstreaming Gender Equality, From Women’s Development to Women-led Development
- Transformation in people’s lives through Public Digital Platforms.
- These sessions aim to facilitate discussions among G20 members and guest countries on advancing the P20’s objectives.
- The summit also highlights the “LiFE is Beautiful” initiative, promoting eco-friendly practices for a sustainable ecosystem.
- The Pan-African Parliament will take part in the P20 Summit for the first time after the African Union became a member of G20 at the New Delhi G20 Leaders’ Summit