Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY)
- July 2, 2020
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Prime minister has announced extension of PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) till the end of November which will cost over Rs 90 thousand crore for centre.
- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana aims at ensuring sufficient food the poor and needy during the coronavirus crisis.
- Scheme covers 80 crore individuals, i.e, roughly two-thirds of India’s population.
- The existing National Food Security Act provides 5kg of foodgrain per person monthly at a subsidised rate of Rs 2-3 per kg to the country’s poor.
- Each one of them would be provided double of their current entitlement over next three months. This additionality would be free of cost.
- To ensure adequate availability of protein to all, 1 kg per family, would be provided pulses according to regional preferences. These pulses would be provided free of cost by the Government of India.
Comments are closed.