PRASAR BHARATI TO LAUNCH 51 EDUCATION TV CHANNELS
- November 5, 2020
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject : Education
Context : Prasar Bharati entered into a MoU with Bhaskaracharya National Institute for Space Applications and Geo-Informatics, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- Under the MoU, 51 DTH education TV channels will be available as DD co-branded channels to all DD FreeDish viewers.
- This move aims to bring quality educational programmes to every household, including those in rural and remote areas.
- The services will be available free of cost for all the viewers 24×7, in line with Government’s commitment towards skill development and providing quality education to the last person in the country.
Prasar Bharati :
- Prasar Bharati is a statutory autonomous body established under the Prasar Bharati Act and it is the Public Service Broadcaster of the country.
- The objectives of public service broadcasting are achieved in terms of Prasar Bharati Act through All India Radio and Doordarshan.
- The Act grants autonomy to All India Radio and Doordarshan
- They were earlier working as media units under the Ministry of I&B and since the above-said date became constituents of Prasar Bharati
- The President of India appoints Chairman and the other Members, except the ex officio members, nominated member and the elected members.