- September 2, 2020
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject: Science and tech
Precision medicine gains important at the time of COVID pandemic.
- Precision medicine is an emerging approach for disease treatment and prevention that takes into account individual variability in genes, environment, and lifestyle for each person.
- Precision medicine, also known as personalized medicine, is a new frontier for healthcare combining genomics, big data analytics, and population health.
- This approach will allow doctors and researchers to predict more accurately which treatment and prevention strategies for a particular disease will work in which groups of people
- It is in contrast to a one-size-fits-all approach, in which disease treatment and prevention strategies are developed for the average person, with less consideration for the differences between individuals.