- April 8, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject : Geography
Context : Iran state TV acknowledges ship attacked in Red Sea.
- The Red Sea (Erythraean Sea) is a seawater inlet of the Indian Ocean, lying between Africa and Asia.
- The connection to the ocean is in the south through the Bab el Mandeb strait and the Gulf of Aden.
- To the north lie the Sinai Peninsula, the Gulf of Aqaba, and the Gulf of Suez (leading to the Suez Canal).
- The sea is underlain by the Red Sea Rift which is part of the Great Rift Valley.
- The six countries bordering the Red Sea are: Saudi Arabia, Yemen , Egypt , Sudan , Eritrea , Djibouti .