- April 22, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject : Science & tech
Context : Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi said that the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has announced that it will support eight joint research projects mooted by the Space Technology Cell (STC), IIT-Delhi.
- The ISRO will support eight joint research projects mooted by the Space Technology Cell (STC), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi.
- The projects will be coordinated by ISRO scientists at the Space Applications Centre (SAC), the Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC), the Semi-conductor Laboratory (SCL) and the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC).
RESPOND Programme of ISRO
- Under RESPOND, projects in the advanced areas of relevance to Space programme are encouraged to be taken up by premiere universities/academic institutions.
- ISRO helps the academic institutions to establish the necessary technical facilities and also provide fellowships to researchers to work on cutting edge research topics.
- ISRO provides financial support to Academic Institutions in India for conducting research and development activities related to Space Science, Space Technology and Space Applications.