Sessions of Parliament
- July 10, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
The fate of the Monsoon session of Parliament is still uncertain which usually happen in third week of July.
- The president from time to time summons each House of Parliament to meet. But, the maximum gap between two sessions of Parliament cannot be more than six months. In other words, the Parliament should meet at least twice a year.
- There are usually three sessions in a year,viz,
- the Budget Session (February to May)
- the Monsoon Session (July to September)
- the Winter Session (November to December)
- A session of Parliament is the period spanning between the first sitting of a House and its prorogation (or dissolution in the case of the Lok Sabha).
- During a session, the House meets every day to transact business. The period spanning between the prorogation of a House and its reassembly in a new session is called recess.