- April 16, 2023
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject : International Relations
- Fighting broke out between the Sudanese army and the country’s main paramilitary group on April 15,2023.
- Paramilitary forces claim to have taken control of the international airport in Khartoum as well as a second airport in Meroe.
- The paramilitary Rapid Support Forces also claimed to have taken over the Presidential Palace and Army Chief General Burhan’s residence.
- Many videos appeared on social media showing armed fighters driving across the runway of the city’s international airport, conducting checkpoints at crucial traffic intersections, and moving through residential areas.
- Note : The Indian Embassy in Khartoum, the capital of Sudan, asked all nationals to stay indoors and take utmost precautions as gunshots and explosions rang out in various parts of the city following clashes between the army and the paramilitary forces.