- May 5, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject : Science & tech
Context : Scientists see flaws in SUTRA’s approach to modelling pandemic.
‘Susceptible, Undetected, Tested (positive), and Removed Approach’ (SUTRA) model
- The model uses three main parameters to predict the course of the pandemic.
- The first is called beta, or contact rate, which measures how many people an infected person infects per day.
- It is related to the R0 value, which is the number of people an infected person spreads the virus to over the course of their infection.
- The second parameter is ‘reach’ which is a measure of the exposure level of the population to the pandemic.
- The third is ‘epsilon’ which is the ratio of detected and undetected cases.