Swachh Survekshan 2020
- August 21, 2020
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject: Government scheme
The results of the fifth edition of the nationwide annual cleanliness survey, ‘Swachh Survekshan 2020,’ are out and Madhya Pradesh’s Indore has yet again made it as India’s cleanest city.
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA)has announced the results of Swachh Survekshan 2020
- The Swachh Survekshan ranks cites across the country in the categories of cleanliness and sanitation on four parameters — direct observations, citizen feedback, service-level progress and certification with 1,500 marks allotted for each category.
- It was launched as part of the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, which aimed to make India clean and free of open defecation by 2 October 2019.
- The first survey was undertaken in 2016 and covered 73 cities; by 2019 the survey had grown to cover 4237 cities and was said to be the largest cleanliness survey in the world.
- The surveys are carried out by the Quality Council of India.