- February 26, 2022
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
TOPIC: Science & Tech
Context- Researchers predict singularity by 2045 — a stage where machines become more advanced than human beings.
- It is estimated that by 2034-40, i.e. within the next 15 years, 50 per cent of the jobs would be automated in the US.
About Technological Singularity:
- Technological singularity is a hypothetical point in time at which the development of artificial general intelligence will make human civilization obsolete.
- According to the most popular version of the singularity hypothesis, called intelligence explosion, will eventually lead to self-improvement cycles with each new and more intelligent generation appearing more and more rapidly, causing an “explosion” in intelligence and resulting in a powerful superintelligence that qualitatively far surpasses all human intelligence.
- This necessitates one to understand AI, its beneﬁts, its major issues and its implications on government and social order.