Telecommunication Engineering Centre
- August 14, 2020
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject: Government organisation
India has notified the World Trade Organization (WTO) its intention to make it mandatory for telecom products sold, imported or used in the country to be tested and certified by the Telecom Engineering Centre (TEC) under the Department of Telecommunications
- Telecommunication Engineering Centre (TEC) is a technical body representing the interest of Department of Telecom (DoT), Ministry of Communications and IT, Government of India.
- TEC deal with visualization and strategic positioning of future telecom sector in India, technological forecasting, assessment, and specification of next generation network elements
- Standardization activities of TEC:
- Prepare specification of common standards with regard to Telecom network equipment, services and interoperability. Published specifications of TEC are of three types namely Generic Requirements (GRs), Interface Requirements (IRs) and Service Requirements (SR).
- Providing technical support to DoT and technical advice to TRAI & TDSAT and interact with multilateral agencies like APT, ETSI and ITU etc. for standardisation.