- April 12, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject: Current Events
Context: India celebrates ‘Tika Utsav’ to combat Covid-19
- Tika Utsav is a vaccine festival. It is to be held between April 11, 2021 and April 14, 2021.
- The main objective of the festival is to vaccinate as many people as possible. It will also focus on zero wastage of COVID-19 vaccine.
COVID-19 Vaccination Drive in India
- Currently, three states are receiving maximum number of COVID-19 doses. They are Maharashtra, Rajasthan, and Gujarat.
- COVAXIN and COVISHIELD are the two major COVID-19 vaccines that are currently administered in India.
- So far, India has shipped 64 million doses of vaccines to 84 countries in Caribbean, Africa, and Asia. The major recipient countries of the Indian COVID-19 vaccines are Mexico, Canada, and Brazil.
- The GoI has planned to cover 250 million people included in “high priority” category by July 2021 under its vaccination programme.