- June 6, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: DPN Topics
A report by WWF-India’s programme division Traffic has found “significant increase” in reported poaching of wild animals during the lockdown, which is not restricted to any geographical region or state, or to any specific wildlife area.
- The TRAFFIC, the Wildlife Trade Monitoring Network, is a leading non-governmental organisationworking on wildlife trade in the context of both biodiversity conservation and sustainable development.
- It is a joint program of World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
- It was established in 1976 and has developed into a global network, research-driven and action-oriented, committed to delivering innovative and practical conservation solutions.
- Headquarters: Cambridge, United Kingdom
- It aims to ensure that trade in wild plants and animal is not a threat to the conservation of nature.