- March 29, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject : Government Schemes
Context : Centre to Launch Unique ID Number for All Plots of Land by 2022: Report
- This plan has been laid out in a parliamentary standing committee report submitted to the Lok Sabha last week, as part of the Digital India Land Records ModernisationProgramme (DILRMP) which began in 2008 and has been expanded several times.
- The Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN) scheme, as it is being called, has already been rolled out in 10 states, the report quotes the Department of Land Resources, and will be extended across the country by March 2022.
- The Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN) System will have 14 digits – Alpha-numeric unique ID for each land parcel.
- The Unique IDs based on Geo reference coordinate of vertices of the parcel would be of international standard and compliance of the Electronic Commerce Code Management Association (ECCMA) standard and Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards and it will provide compatibility so that all states can adopt it easily.
- Proper land statistics and land accounting through ULPIN will help develop land bank and lead towards Integrated Land Information Management System (ILIMS).