- February 7, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Context : The group, that includes members from each of the ministries, held its first meeting in late December and is considering a blueprint on a ‘United Platform for Skill Development and Employment Ecosystem’.
- A working group under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology is creating the umbrella portal, to be called Unnati.
- Unnati will bring on one platform skills training, loans, job matching, e-counselling, jobs demands data, and financing, along with a skills locker for education, experience and training records.
- A mobile application of Unnati is already available in beta phase on Apple and Google play stores in seven languages.
- It has questions regarding the education level, skills, experience and preferred industry of an applicant, with jobs such as BPO, delivery associate and plumber listed, and offers options for a video resume.
- The working group and NITI Aayog are considering integration of Aatmanirbhar Skilled Employee Employer Mapping (ASEEM), a National Skills Development Corporation (NSDC) project, and the Labour Ministry’s National Career Service portal and its National Database of Unorganised Workers that is under development.