- December 20, 2022
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject :International relations
- Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel on Monday unveiled the logo, website and social media handles of Urban-20 or U20 in Gandhinagar as part of G20 programmes to be held in the state next year.
What is Urban-20:
- Urban 20 (U20) is an initiative developed in 2017 under the leadership of the Mayor of Buenos Aires and Mayor of Paris, and convened by the C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group (C40) in collaboration with United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG).
- It was launched on December 12, 2017 at the One Planet Summit in Paris.
- U20 seeks to develop a joint position and collective messages to inform and enrich the discussions of national leaders at the G20 Summit through unique urban perspectives.
- Urban 20 aims to tackle global challenges by leveraging the potential of cities as hubs of diversity and innovation.
- The U20 brings together mayors from G20 cities under a common framework and coordinates a joint position to inform the discussions of national leaders.
- Contributions from the U20 are shared with the G20 Presidency and Heads of State enhancing the role of cities as global economic and political leaders.