- July 16, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject: Science and tech
COVID vaccines mRNA-1273 ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 are currently in human trials.
- Vaccines contain the same germs that cause disease. (For example, measles vaccine contains measles virus)
- But they have been either killed or weakened to the point that they don’t make people sick. Some vaccines contain only a part of the disease germ.
- A vaccine stimulates immune system to produce antibodies, exactly like it would if an individual exposed to the disease.
- After getting vaccinated, people develop immunity to that disease, without having to get the disease first.
- This is what makes vaccines such powerful medicine. Unlike most medicines, which treat or cure diseases, vaccines prevent them.