World Drug report 2020
- June 27, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) has released World Drug Report 2020.
- The report has highlighted possible consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic on illegal drug production, supply and consumption.
- The report expressed concern over the adverse impact of the economic hardship caused by the pandemic. This could lead to an increase in the number of people resorting to illicit activities linked to drugs to make a living.
- As experienced during the 2008 economic crisis, it could result in reductions in drug-related budgets of the governments; overall increase in drug use, with a shift towards cheaper and more harmful drugs.
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) is a global leader in the fight against illicit drugs and international crime established in 1997.
- It is headquarters are in Vienna