World Investment Report
- July 2, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
UNCTAD has released world investment report last month.
- In the “developing Asia” region, India was among the top five host economies for FDI.
- The report said that global FDI flows are forecast to decrease by up to 40 per cent in 2020, from their 2019 value of USD 1.54 trillion.
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) into India may decline sharply in 2020 because of the impact of the coronavirus pandemic and the consequent lockdown measures, supply chain disruptions and economic slowdown
- India jumped from 12th position in 2018 to 9th position in 2019 among the world’s largest FDI recipient.
- India’s most sought-after industries, which include professional services and the digital economy, could see a faster rebound as global venture capital firms and technology companies continue to show interest in India’s market through acquisitions