- October 29, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject : Education
Context : Annual State of Education Report (ASER) survey wavw 1 was conducted recently .
- This is an annual survey that aims to provide reliable estimates of children’s enrolment and basic learning levels for each district and state in India.
- ASER has been conducted every year since 2005 in all rural districts of India.
- It is the largest citizen-led survey in India.
- It is also the only annual source of information on children’s learning outcomes available in India today.
- Unlike most other large-scale learning assessments, ASER is a household-based rather than school-based survey.
- This design enables all children to be included – those who have never been to school or have dropped out, as well as those who are in government schools, private schools, religious schools or anywhere else.
- The ASER 2020 Wave 1 survey focuses on the following key questions regarding provision of, access to, engagement with, and challenges concerning remote learning during school closures
Major Findings :
- About 20% of rural children have no textbooks at home.
- About one in three rural children had done no learning activity at all.
- About two in three had no learning materials or activity given by their school that week.
- Only one in ten had access to live online classes. It’s not always about technology.