- March 9, 2022
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Context- Addressing a webinar on Union Budget, titled ‘Financing for Growth & Aspirational Economy’ Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday called for identifying three sectors in which the nation could be in the top three in the world.
- India can emerge among the top 3 countries in sectors such as
- start-ups, and
- recently opened up areas such as drones, space and geo-spatial data.
- Priority schemes AtmaNirbhar Bharat Abhiyan, PM Gatishakti National Masterplan, Aspirational Districts Programme or the development of Eastern India and the North-East can boost up these sectors.
- The Prime Minister stressed the link between India’s aspirations and strength of MSME.
About Aspirational District Programme:
- The 115 districts were identified from 28 states, at least one from each state.
- Aspirational Districts are those districts in India, that are affected by poor socio-economic indicators.
- The improvement in these districts can lead to the overall improvement in human development in India.
- At the Government of India level, the programme is anchored by NITI Aayog. In addition, individual Ministries have assumed responsibility to drive the progress of districts.
- The objective of the program is to monitor the real-time progress of aspirational districts.
- ADP is based on 49 indicators from the 5 identified thematic areas, which focuses closely on improving people’s
- Health & Nutrition,
- Agriculture & Water Resources,
- Financial Inclusion & Skill Development, and
- Basic Infrastructure.
- The broad strategy of the programme include:
- Convergence: horizontal and vertical governments.
- Collaboration: impactful partnerships between government, market and civil society.
- Competition: fosters accountability on district governments.