- March 11, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject: National Organisations
Context: Only about half of the urban slum households exclusively use LPG for cooking, according to a survey report released on Wednesday by the Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW).
- The Council on Energy, Environment and Water is one of Asia’s leading not-for-profit policy research institutions.
- It is headquartered in New Delhi.
- CEEW uses data, integrated analysis, and strategic outreach to explain – and change – the use, reuse, and misuse of resources.
- Some of CEEW’s research areas include resource efficiency and security; water resources; renewable energy; sustainability finance; energy-trade-climate linkages; integrated energy, environment and water plans; and climate geoengineering governance.
- The think-tank advises the Indian government.