- January 19, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject : Science & tech
Context : To carry out the Covid-19 vaccination drive as smoothly as possible, the government is relying on Co-WIN, a digital intelligence platform.
- It is built on an indigenously developed electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN) which has been in use since 2015.
- Each person who would be receiving Covid-19 vaccination in India would have to register on the Co-WIN network and and he/she would be followed up for subsequent shots as well as for any adverse event following immunisation (AEFI).
- Registration on the Co-WIN app is mandatory for anyone to receive the vaccination.
About CO WIN
- Co-WIN is a cloud-based IT solution for planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Covid-19 vaccination in India.
- It is an end-to-end solution that connects the entire public health system from national level right up to the vaccinator level.
- Co-WIN allows for creation of different users (admins, supervisors, and vaccinators), registration of beneficiaries, followed by planning and scheduling sessions and subsequently vaccine administration and following up of beneficiaries after the vaccination.
- In a real-time basis, the app tracks not only the beneficiaries but also the availability of vaccine stock at the national, State and district levels. This allows the system to monitor the utilisation, wastage, coverage of Covid-19 vaccination at various levels.