Daily Practice Sheet 1 June 2021
- June 1, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
1 June 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- India’s GDP Fall: Important parameters
- WHO assigns non-stigmatizing labels to covid variants
- Earthquake zones of India
- Drugs and Cosmetics Act
- Delay as violation of Article 21
- Marathas under EWS quota
- First nano liquid urea by IFFCO
- China’s new Space station
- Litoria Mira
- Nagaland Bamboo
- International Nitrogen Initiative
- WTO and G33
- Fiscal Deficit
Bhasan Char Island:
It’s an island in Bangladesh. Several thousand Rohingya refugees have staged “unruly” protests against living conditions on a cyclone-prone island off Bangladesh where they were moved from vast camps on the mainland
- India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) contracted by 7.3% in 2020-21.
- At a level of Rs 99,700, India’s GDP per capita is now what it used to be in 2016-17 — the year when the slide started.
- India’s unemployment rate, even according to the government’s own surveys, was at a 45-year high in 2017-18.
- Between 2012 and 2018, the total number of employed people fell by 9 million — the first such instance of total employment declining in independent India’s history
- As against the norm of an unemployment rate of 2%-3%, India started routinely witnessing unemployment rates close to 6%-7% in the years leading up to Covid-19.
Daily Mains Mantra
Daily Mini Practice – 30 Minutes
Topic: Food Security and PDS, Buffer stock; Employment
- Analyze the causal linkage between food security and economic growth. Do you agree food insecurity is one of the major factor responsible poor economic performances?
- Unemployment in India is a complex problem with numerous overlapping and intertwined causes. Discuss the causes and suggest remedies.
- Discuss the need for reforms in the Public Distribution System
Mains 2022 (as per LAQSHYA 2022 timetable)
- Discuss the social and economic factors for the rise of Buddhism? How far it was influenced by Upanishads?
- Discuss the essence of Jainism.
- Discuss the impact of law on controlling population growth. What are other measures India must adopt to achieve a sustainable family planning strategy. [Reference: Indian Express]
- Recently the Supreme Court observed that sedition laws need a relook particularly w.r.t media. Examine. [Reference: Indian Express, The Hindu]
- What do you understand by digital divide? How does it impact e- governance schemes and projects? [Reference: New Indian Express]
GS2: International Relations
- A stable neighborhood is always good from point of view security and economics. Discuss challenges for India due to an unstable Pakistan in its neighborhood. [Reference: Indian Express, BBC]
GS 3: Economy
- What do you understand by stagflation? Is Indian economy experiencing stagflation? Suggest strategies to overcome it. [Reference: Business Line]
- MSP and Buffer Stock are expected to eliminate hunger and malnutrition in India. Critically discuss various concerns it has generated in WTO regarding it. [Reference: Business Line]
GS 3: Science
- What do you understand by encryption? How does it work? Discuss the controversy related to recent Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules 2021. [Reference: The Hindu]
GS 4: Ethics