Daily Practice Sheet 13 July 2020
- July 13, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Prelims Topic
- Systemic diseases
- Pulmonary vs Vascular disease
- Atoll Nation and Air bubble
- NHRC and SHRC
- Malabar exercise
- Persons with disabilities are also socially backward : SC
- Horn of Africa
- At 158, India’s police to population ratio (police staff per 1,00,000 citizens) is one of the worst in the world. It lags well behind its neighbours.
- The National Crime Records Bureau records 853 custodial deaths between 2010 to 2018 — 70 of them in 2018 alone. At 1,636, the National Human Rights Commission puts the death figure much higher.
- In 2018, it stood at 383.5 per 1,00,000 population. By contrast, the crime rate in the US was over 2,500 per 1,00,000.
- Source: Indian Express
- India imported a record 11 million tonnes (mt) of urea, valued at $ 2.89 billion, in 2019-20. China’s share in that was over 2.9 mt, worth $ 854.56 million. Although lower than the high of 6.4 mt ($ 1.98 billion) in 2014-15, it was above the 0.8 mt ($ 235.74 million) for 2017-18
- The education sector has been acutely affected by Covid-19, and the UNESCO reported that the lockdown impacted over 300 million students.
- According to the United Nations (2018), India’s rural population will begin to decline in absolute numbers from about 2027 onwards, whereafter population growth in India will wholly be an urban story.
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: Society
- Do you think India’s urbanization process is inclusive and sustainable? Give your arguments [Reference: Financial Express]
GS 1: Geography
GS 2: Polity
- Critically examine the working SHRCs. How effective they are in protecting innocent citizens against police brutalities. [Reference: Indian Express]
- The purpose of criminal law is not only to deter criminal deviance and protect society from crime, but also to provide procedural safeguards to individuals and protect innocents from State persecution. In the light of this statement critically examine the need for criminal law reform in India. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 2: Governance
- Covid crisis points to the need for social security for marginalized. Comment [Reference: Indian Express]
- What do you understand by Indo-Pacific region? Assess measures taken by India to counter China’s growing naval expansionism and belligerence. [Reference: Indian Express, The Print]
GS 3: Economy
- What do you understand by recapitalization of banks. Examine its need during the pandemic [Reference: Indian Express]
- Revival of demand is the biggest challenge for Indian economy.
GS 3: Security
GS 4: Ethics
- Empathy is essential for competent leadership; without empathy, one cannot build or nurture followers. [Reference: Financial Express]
- Do you agree covid crisis is –health, economic, leadership and moral crisis?
- What do you understand by good citizen? How can we turn ordinary citizens into good citizens?