Daily Practice Sheet 15 July 2020
- July 15, 2020
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
On this Day
- 15th July is celebrated as World Youth Skills Day.
Daily Prelims Topic
- International Youth Day
- National Youth Policy (Brief)
- Demographic dividend
- National Skill Mission
- How immunity is developed
- Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights), 2020 Rules
- Cytokine storm
- Pragyata guideline
- Tablighi Jamaat
- Rayalseema Lift Scheme
- Chabahar Port
- Rayalseema Lift Scheme
- Krishna River
- The consumption of mobile and broadband data in rural India under the BharatNet scheme more than doubled in the three months from April to June compared to the preceding three months from January to March 2020.
- Data consumption under BharatNet across the country in the April-June quarter was 5.52 lakh gigabyte (GB) as compared to 2.47 lakh GB in January-March. BharatNet is the central government project to provide high-speed broadband to all 2.5 lakh gram panchayats in the country.
- Data consumption in rural areas of Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, and Uttarakhand, where the highest numbers of migrants and blue-collar workers returned from the big cities following the nationwide lockdown, increased between three and five times on average in the April-June period as compared to January-March
- Overall, rural areas accounted for 83.3 per cent of the total 6.58 lakh GB data consumed under BharatNet across India during April-June.
- In rural Jharkhand, mobile and broadband data consumption under BharatNet in April-June was 1,547.06 GB, more than 10 times the 146.69 GB consumed in January-March. For rural Bihar, these numbers were 17,868.11 GB and 7,635.25 GB respectively. Rural areas of UP and Uttarakhand consumed 3.1 lakh GB and 79,389.50 GB of data respectively under BharatNet between April and June.
- As of February, rural India had 51.9 crore subscribers to wireless and wireline services and a teledensity — the number of connections per 100 population — of 58.61, according to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) data.
- Although growing, rural data consumption is a small fraction of India’s total data consumption, which was 68.2 crore GB — or 682 petabyte — in 2019. There are an estimated 22.7 crore active Internet users in rural India — 10 per cent more than in the urban areas.
Sources: Indian Express
- According to the 2011 Census, the Transgender population in the country was around 4.88 lakh, though experts say it is much higher.
Daily Supreme Court Judgements
National Legal Services Authority vs UOI, 2014 SC recognised transgender as third gender.
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 2: Governance
- Discuss the significance of skilling, upskilling and reskilling of the workforce. Critically examine India’s effort in this regard. [Reference: Business Standard]
- COVID pandemic has led to unprecedented education emergenc. Comment [Reference: Live Mint]
- Discuss measures Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Rules 2020 [Reference: Business Line]
- In the light of Iran dropping India from chabahar port and finalizing partnership agreement with China, examine the impact of growing Iran-China relations on India. [Reference: The Hindu]
- In the time of growing assertiveness of china and protectionism in US, analyze the importance of India-EU relations. List challenges and scopes in the relations. [Reference: The Hindu]
GS 3: Economy
- What is demographic dividend? How India can make its population an asset in post COVID world? [Reference: Indian Express]
- Critically analyzed the industrial policy adopted by India in 1991. Suggest measures needed to built industrial India. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 4: Ethics
- What do you understand by volunteering? What ethical values motivate us to volunteer? [Reference: Indian Express]
- What do you understand by loyalty? Explain its significance [Reference: Indian Express]