Daily Practice Sheet 17 November 2021
- November 17, 2021
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
17 November 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- Doubtful voters
- The Regulations Review Authority (RRA 2.0)
- Article 32 and Article 226
- United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)
- BRCA genes
- Critical role of bats in ecosystem
- Santiago Network
- Article 222 : Article 222 of the Constitution deals with the transfer of judges and states that the President may, after consultation with the Chief Justice of India (CJI), transfer a judge from one high court to another
- There are total 705 tribal communities (Scheduled Tribes) that constitute approximately 10% of our population.
- According to a study covering 204 countries from 2000 to 2018, and published in the Lancet Planetary Health by the Global Research on Antimicrobial Resistance(GRAM)Project GLOBAL ANTIBIOTIC consumption rates increased by 46% in the last two decades.
Topic: Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India.
- What do you understand by dominant caste? Why dominant castes in various states are asking for reservation. 15 marks
Topic: Different Types of Irrigation Systems. Issues related to Direct and Indirect Farm Subsidies
- What are the different types of agriculture subsidies given to farmers at the national and state levels? Critically analyze the agriculture subsidy regime with the reference to the distortions created by it.
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: History
- Nalanda is more than just a premier monastic-cum-scholastic establishment of ancient and early medieval India. Comment. [Reference: FrontLine]
- Discuss the contribution of tribal freedom fighters with
GS 1: Geography
GS 2: Polity
- When the process is opaque, there are speculations about bias or favouritism. In the light of the statement, critically examine collegium system of appointments and transfer of judges. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 2: IR
- What is S-400? Why are they important for India and how can the purchase from Russia impact India’s relations with the US? [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 3: Economy
- Recently RBI Governor expressed concern that deeper issues are involved with crypto currencies. What are these deeper issues? Analyze the issues. [Reference: NDTV]
GS 3: Environment
- What do you understand by decarburization of economy? Discuss strategies for achieving it. [Reference: Indian Express]
- What do you understand by smog? What causes them? What are its ill effects? How can it be checked?
GS 3: Science
- What are drug resistance infections? What are the factors responsible for rise of drug resistance infections? [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 4: Ethics