Daily Practice Sheet 8 October 2021
- October 8, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
8 October 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav Series
- Baltic Exchange
- Capital-to-Risk (Weighted) Assets Ratio (CRAR)
- Highest Loss In Terrestrial Water Storage
- India’s ambitious ethanol plan
- Brasilia Declaration on Road Safety
- Spike In Crude Prices
- Study finds high level of pharma contaminants in Cauvery
- Indian Space Association (ISpA)
- 35 oxygen plants set up under PM CARES
- Multidimensionally Poor
- Nobel Prize in Literature 2021
- Genetic Proof for Domestication of Sheep
- People’s Plan Campaign
- Ajeya Warrior
- Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC)
- Indian agriculture is currently worth $ 370 bn
- According to 77thround of the National Sample Survey on agricultural and rural households between 2012–13 and 2018–19, the number of agricultural households increased marginally from 90 million to 93 million.
- The declining viability of farming has reduced the share of agricultural households in total rural households from 58% to 54% during the period.
- There has been continued fragmentation has increased the share of small landholdings, of less than 1 hectare, from 67.1% in 2012–13 to 70.4% in 2018–19.
- In contrast, the share of large landowning households, with above 10 hectares, remained stable at 0.4% during the period.
- Another striking trend is the increase in land leasing. The share of land leased in for agricultural operations has doubled from 6.5% to 13% between 2002–03 and 2018–19.
- Though the share of indebted agricultural households marginally declined from 51.9% in 2012–13 to 50.2% in 2018–19, the average size of the household debt increased by more than half to `74,121, between 2012–13 and 2018–19.
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: History
- The Ghadar plan to free India from the British was a failure but it sparked a revolution. [Reference: The Wire, Amrit Mahotsav]
- There were several factors both external and internal, responsible for the origin of the Ghadr Party. [Reference: Amrit Mahotsav]
GS 2: IR
- Is AUKUS is driven by strategic concerns or entrenched interest of military industrial complex? [Reference: EPW]
GS 3: Economy
- Can crypto currencies emerge as a competition to national currencies? [Reference: EPW]
- Digital technology can revolutionize Indian agriculture. How far it can help in achieving the goal of doubling farmer’s income. [Reference: The Hindu]
- Will the bad bank fix the broken banking sector? [Reference: The Hindu]
- 77th round of the National Sample Survey on agricultural and rural household’s survey highlights the dire plight of the farmers. [Reference: EPW]
GS 3: Science
- The emergence and spread of block chain technology will have a profound effect on the working of the economy and society. [Reference: Allerin]
GS 4: Ethics