PM VAN DHAN YOJANA
- November 15, 2020
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject: Govt Schemes
- Objective: to help increase tribal income through Value Addition.
- This is a Market Linked Tribal Entrepreneurship Development Program for forming clusters of tribal SHGs and strengthening them into Tribal Producer Companies has been launched with participation from all the 27 States from the Country.
- The Van DhanVikas Kendra will be established for providing capacity building training and skill upgradation and value addition facility and setting up of primary processing.
- The Van DhanVikasKendras will be a significant milestone in financial development of tribals involved in the collection of MFPs by helping them in the best use of natural resources and provide sustainable MFP-based living in MFP-rich districts.
- Implementation: Ministry of Tribal Affairs as Nodal Department at the Central Level and TRIFED as Nodal Agency at the National Level.
- At State level, the State Nodal Agency for MFPs and the District collectors are anticipated to play a pivotal role in the execution of the scheme at grassroot level. Locally, the Kendra’s are proposed to be managed by a Managing Committee (an SHG) which consists of representatives of Van Dhan SHGs in the group.