Type of diseases
- July 13, 2020
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Subject: Science and tech
Apart from discovered symptoms of respiratory troubles, Coronavirus has now known to cause blood clots, kidney damage etc.
- It is type of disease that affects the lungs and other parts of the respiratory system.
- Pulmonary diseases may be caused by infection, by smoking tobacco, or by breathing in secondhand tobacco smoke, radon, asbestos, or other forms of air pollution.
- Pulmonary diseases include asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), pulmonary fibrosis, pneumonia, and lung cancer. Also called lung disorder and respiratory disease.
- Vascular disease is any abnormal condition of the blood vessels (arteries and veins).
- The body uses blood vessels to circulate blood through itself. Problems along this vast network can cause severe disability and death.
- Vascular diseases outside the heart can “present” themselves anywhere.
- The most common vascular diseases are stroke, peripheral artery disease (PAD), pulmonary embolism (blood clots), deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- A systemic disease is one that affects a number of organs and tissues, or affects the body as a whole
- Examples: Rheumatoid arthritis, Sickle cell disease
Comments are closed.