Daily Practice Sheet 1 June 2020
- June 5, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: DPS
On this day
This day is celebrated as World Milk Day. This is year’s theme is celebrating 20th anniversary of World Milk Day.
The total Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflow into India grew 18 per cent in 2019-20 to $73 billion.The total FDI has doubled since 2013-14 from $36 billion to $73 billion now.
India consumes around 500,000 barrels of crude oil every day. Of that, it imports (approximately) 450,000 barrels per day, making it the third-largest crude market in the world. Every month, on average, 70 loaded VLCC (very large crude carriers), accounting for 10% of the global tanker market of 700 ships, bring crude oil to India. Approximately 60% of this oil is discharged in and around the Jamnagar area, and then carried by pipelines to the refineries in Jamnagar, Mathura, Panipat, Bina and Bhatinda. And 50% or so is sourced from Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Abu Dhabi, Iran and Iraq.
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: Geography
GS 2: Governance
- Make a case for Urban MNREGA [Reference: The Hinhu Business Line]
- What do you understand by Universal Basic Income? Do you think it is the right time to introduce Universal Basic Income in India? [Reference: The Hinhu]
GS 2: IR
- Critically discuss the relevance of G7? Do you think it needs to be expanded? [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 3: Economy
- Foreign direct investment or FDI is an important factor that facilitates economic development of a country. Discuss [Reference: FDI]
- What do you understand by AatmaNirbharBharat. Do you agree with opinion that it will lead to INDIGENISATION of technology and production? [Reference: Hindustan Times]
- What do you understand by tax havens? How to they help in round tripping? [Reference: Business Standard]
GS 4: Ethics