- May 2, 2022
- Posted by: OptimizeIAS Team
- Category: DPN Topics
Context: New campaign to get more workers to register would also be planned after analysis of the registrations so far was being carried out, according to the Ministry.
- Budget Speech 2022-2023, Finance Minister had announced the linking of four portals — the National Career Service, e-Shram, UDYAM (for those interested in starting MSMEs) and ASEEM (Atmanirbhar Skilled Employee Employer Mapping).
- The Labour Ministry announced on April 20 that the inter-linking of the NCS and e-Shram portals had been completed.
- This linkage has enabled unorganised workers registered on e-Shram to seamlessly register on NCS and look for better job opportunities through NCS. So far, more than 26,000 e-Shram beneficiaries have registered on NCS and have started benefiting from this linkage.
About E-Shram Portal
About UDYAM Portal
About ASEEM Portal
- ASEEM refers to all the data, trends and analytics which describe the workforce market and map demand of skilled workforce to supply.
- It will help skilled people find sustainable livelihood opportunities.
- It is developed and managed by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in collaboration with Bengaluru-based Company named Betterplace.
- It is an AI-based portal which will map details of workers based on regions and local industry demands and will bridge the demand-supply gap of skilled workforce across sectors.
- It will provide employers with a platform to assess the availability of a skilled workforce and formulate their hiring plans.
- It will also provide real-time granular information by identifying relevant skilling requirements and employment prospects.
About National Career Service
- The Ministry of Labour and Employment has started offering free online career skills training through its National Career Service (NCS) project for job-seekers registered with it.
- The training will assist the learners in enhancing personality development with modules on corporate etiquette, improving interpersonal skills, making impactful presentations including other necessary soft skills demanded by the industry today.
- It is a one-stop solution that provides a wide array of employment and career related services to the citizens of India.