Daily Practice Sheet 30 October 2021
- October 31, 2021
- Posted by: admin1
- Category: DPS
Daily Practice Sheet
30 October 2021
Daily Prelims Topic
- Gini coefficient
- RBI Governor
- Different types of U.S. Visa
- Pacific Islands
- Facebook is now called ‘Meta’
- Core sectors
- Sardar Patel supported Partition
- The Personal Data Protection Bill 2019
- Best Public Transport Award
- Pneumococcal 13-valent Conjugate Vaccine
- Fiscal Deficit
According to a report named Climate Vulnerability Index (CVI) by Environmental think tank Council on Energy, Environment and Water
- Over 80 per cent of India’s population lives in districts highly vulnerable to hydro-met disasters.
- The southern zone of India is the most vulnerable to extreme climate events and their compounding impacts, followed by the eastern, western, northern, north-eastern and central zones.
- 59 and 41 per cent of total districts in the eastern and western zones of India are highly vulnerable to extreme cyclone events.
- The states located in India’s northeast are more vulnerable to floods, while the states in the southern and central parts are more vulnerable to extreme droughts.
- Five out of six zones in India i.e. South, North, North-east, West and Central have a low adaptive capacity to extreme hydro-met disasters. However, the Eastern Zone has a medium-range adaptive capacity to extreme hydro-met disasters.
- Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka and Bihar are highly vulnerable to extreme climate events such as floods, droughts and cyclones.
Daily Mains Mantra
GS 1: History
- Critically review the events unfolding in 1940 which eventually led to India’s partition.
- What do you understand by Two Nation Theory? How was it responsible for India’s partition?
GS 1: Society
- What do you understand by dominant caste? Why dominant castes in various states are asking for reservation.
GS 3: Economy
- Differentiate between V, K and W recovery? Indian economy is experiencing which kind of recovery?
- Why India is unable to produce enough pulses to meet its domestic requirement?
- Discuss the challenges mass adoption of E vehicle. [Reference: Indian Express]
GS 3: Environment
- Fortress conservation is motivated by the mistaken belief that successful conservation outcomes require pristine wildernesses free from human inhabitants. Comment. [Reference: Mongabay]
GS 3: Disaster